Sunday, April 21, 2013

7'0" Single Fin Hot Coat

This is the last poor of resin we'll see on this board. From here its 48 hours to cure. Then wet sanding and finally polishing. Honestly, the gloss is beautiful before the wet sanding and polishing.  If I'm doing a board for myself I'll often just stop here at this point out of laziness, mostly because I just like the way it looks at this stage.  There is a seem to it from the masking tape, but if it's my own board I don't mind it.  The goal is wetsand away the seems starting with a WS of 600 Grit and working up to 1000 grit or above.  After wet sanding we'll polish the board.  What's really cool about HWS board making is that every step of the way is a build up and sand down.  This applies to the building stage and the glassing stage.  If you add something and it fails, it can always be sanded down and reapplied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment